Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Getting Started with Decision Insights

Decision Insights is included in the new IBM ODM Advanced V8.7.  I've down loaded the tar file and uncompressed it to my product install drive in the DSI87 folder.  I'll point my install manager there and install to C:\IBM\DI87

This blog entry is just about installing and starting it up in relation to the previous posts about the demo I'm building.

When that's complete I'll want to edit the server.xml file located at:
C:\IBM\DI87\runtime\wlp\usr\servers\cisDev\server.xml and the bootstrap.properties in the same folder,  and modify some ports so I don't conflict with other stuff I have running.

http.port=19081
https.port=19444
ia.listenerPort=12810

And maybe change the default username and password. :)

And then also uncomment and give it the path to the MQ library it needs:
<variable
name="wmqJmsClient.rar.location"
value="C:/Program Files (x86)/IBM/WebSphere MQ/java/lib/jca/wmq.jmsra.rar" />


Then we'll back up to the server bin folder and issue a server start cisDev command.  It starts in a few seconds.  Sweet!

A look at the logs and I see that the server starts with a minimum of warnings.
1) It wants a password to create a keystore  I'll have to change admin to something else...
2) The HostName is not fully qualified.

But aside from those we have a clean start!






No comments:

Post a Comment