Monday, December 15, 2014

Demo on Blue Mix

I decided to try BlueMix today.  Actually I've used it before to develop Rule Services for some of our demos and proof of concepts.  Today I'm going to see if I can take what I did for the MQTTMaps demo and have it run in BlueMix.  I'm guessing it is not too hard.

1) Get a BlueMix Account - they're free for the first some number of days, so that was easy.  BlueMix.com

2) Pick a starting point - Since this is going to be a web app I'll start WebSphere Liberty Profile.

3) Add Git to the project - this basically gives me a way to develop the code on my machine, sync it with what's in the cloud, and run it in a matter of seconds.  It uses jazzhub, IBM's version of git.  So I'll do a git clone https://hub.jazz.net/git/ibmdthompson55/MQTTMaps in to my local file system.

4) I need something called Cloud Foundry... something new to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment